How to Paint a Room – Basic Painting Tips Virtual…
Magical Emerald Green Chalk Paint Makeover
Magical Emerald Green Makeover with Chalk Mineral Paint
Emerald Green Chalk Paint – This paint creates a chalky, matt finish with extensive coverage. The neoclassical color palette featured a bright emerald green Chalk Paint, sometimes used pure and sometimes lightened with white. This color is also found on rustic country furniture from Ireland and the south of France – a look which can be beautifully achieved by using Dark Chalk Paint Wax. For a warehouse look, try Black Chalk Paint Wax.
To use Emerald Green Chalk Paint, start by sanding down your piece
- Make sure the surface you’re going to paint is clean and free of any debris. If there’s any loose paint, make sure to remove it.
- This paint brand adheres to almost any surface, and you usually don’t need to sand before painting.
- To achieve a smooth look, paint evenly and remove any drips. The paint will be touch dry in around 30 minutes, and you can apply additional coats after approximately one hour. For best results, it is recommended that you apply two to three coats of paint.
- When the paint is completely dry, sand it down with fine sandpaper for a smooth finish. To distress the piece, use course sandpaper. Wipe off any excess dust with a dry cloth.
- Remember that colors can be mixed – for example, using antique white to lighten other colors.
- To increase the longevity of your brushes, rinse them in water and hang them upside-down to dry.
In this video you will learn how to create a layered watery and dripping effect using chalk mineral paint to transform your furniture into a unique statement piece!