Chalk Paint sounds like a far-off dream for professional and…
Back in 1990, Annie Sloan developed chalk paint to fill a niche in the crafting market. At the time, all of the paints that were available required a great deal of prep work before you could use them. You had to sand off the existing finish and repair any damage to the surface before you could use the paint.
As you can well imagine, this took a lot of time. Once you did all of that hard work, you still had to wait around for hours — or sometimes even days — for the paint to dry. Again, this took far more time than most people had to dedicate to repainting their furniture.
To avoid these problems, Annie Sloan came up with chalk paint. This unique paint can be applied to just about any surface. More importantly, however, it can be painted right over the existing finish without any prep work. This dramatically cuts down on the amount of work involved in a refinishing project. Equally impressive is its fast drying time. You can paint something and have it completely dry the very same day.
While the convenience of these paints is definitely one of their main benefits, they are also beautiful to look at. They dry to a lovely matte finish, and come in a wide range of colors. Here are some of the most beautiful Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Colors 2022:
- Old White – Crisp and clean, this simple white paint can brighten up any old, drab piece of furniture. Try repainting a generic wood table from the thrift store with this paint to create a far lighter, more modern piece.
- Paris Grey – Add a delicate touch of sophistication to any object with Paris Grey paint. This pale gray color is the perfect neutral for matching any decor. It looks particularly beautiful when applied to ornate wood or when distressed.
- Burgundy – Add classic charm to furniture by painting it with Burgundy chalk paint. This beautiful color adds warmth and richness. It blends in well with classic or Asian-inspired decor.
- Emile – A cross between lavender and mauve, Emile is a soft, delicate color. It looks particularly beautiful when covered with dark wax to enhance and enrich the color. It is perfect for adding a feminine touch to your space.
- Old Violet – When applied to furniture, Old Violet paint comes out looking like a soft, periwinkle blue shade. It is a good medium-toned paint that is not too dark or too light.
- Barcelona Orange – If you are looking for a color that really stands out and makes a statement, Barcelona Orange could be just the ticket. This vibrant orange color is ideal for creating a piece of furniture that will act as the focal point in a room.
These are just a few of the beautiful Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Colors 2022 has to offer. Regardless of your current decor, with so many different colors to choose from, it is easy to find the perfect paint for your space.